Sunday, October 4, 2009

Never Mind The Fast Lane, I'm on The Auto-Bon!

I have been neglecting my blog lately. I have been neglecting my blog and my housework and the laundry and even my children I think. I'm trying to think big picture otherwise getting through a week is near impossible. I decided in my infinite wisdom (if that's what you wanna call it) that not only was I going to work full time and raise two little girls but I would start taking night school as well. So on Tuesday and Thursday nights I take my little binder and pen and race off to SIAST to enjoy three hours upgrading my Social 30. I also have to take math and probably a science all in hopes of getting into a part time collage program next fall. So I'm trying to think big picture because all this madness has to get me somewhere in the end right? God I hope so! Consequently I have had a few extra minutes alone on my car everyday and managed to come up a fun little list I thought I would share.

Signs you might be living and working in Saskatchewan:

1. It's +30 on Monday....it's +5 and pouring rain on Tuesday
2. You can wear Rider jerseys to work on game day and it's not even the playoffs
3. You heard one guy call another guy Moose just like he would call him John or Bob
4. A squirrel sneaks in the front door of your store and runs around scaring the crap out of everyone, flinging balls of yarn everywhere as he goes and then he lets himself out
5. A co-worker has a porcupine stuck under her van and pest control comes and takes it away with a big net and a hockey stick. Then they have to drive two hours to find a wooded area to let it loose in.
6. The president of the company didn't visit this summer and you a relieved because you know he won't come now until the warm weather is back. He is not a frozen dumb ass like the rest of us.

And finally:

7. It's so windy the Dr. office a few doors down calls your store to tell you foam pumpkins are whipping past her window and out onto the highway. Could we please bring them inside?

Cheers!
~Jen~

No comments: