Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you had a great time ringing in 2008. It was a pretty low key affair at the Blanchette house this year. It was just Todd and I and a bottle of champagne watching the ball drop on TV. Alexis was very upset she wasn't allowed to stay up till midnight and told us she was going to lay in bed and wait....she was fast asleep by 9:00.

Yesterday was an interesting day. Todd and I had to go down to city hall and get the girls OHIP sorted out and we also hit the Canex and then the mall for lunch. As far as we know the closest Canex to us is located at NDHQ. Anyone that has ever been there knows you have to clear security and get a pass before you can enter the building. Not an easy thing to accomplish with the girls but they thought it was pretty cool that they got to have a little card on their jackets . So we got our passes and went down to the teeny tiny Canex to get the last couple of things I have on my kit list (boot bands and a shoe polish kit and all that fun stuff). I swear for the amount of time it took and the cost of parking downtown it would have been easier to drive out to Petawawa! It's things like this that make me miss living on a "real" base.

Only 7 more days and I'll be in St.Jean! Hard to believe, the time has really flown by. It seems like yesterday that I was handing in my application. I never thought this would be the road my life would take me down. Those of you that know me at all know that I am apposed to women in the military as a general rule and that hasn't changed at all. But I do think that there is room for us in SOME trades as long as we can keep up with the men! You won't see me in line for a job in the infantry though, that's for sure. A lot of people ask me why I didn't go Air Force or reserve and my answer is that it's all or nothing for me, I've always been that way. Besides....redheads look better in green :)

I'm off to bake Todd a birthday cake! The big 2-8 for him today. I of course stopped having birthdays at 25 lol.

Cheers,
~Jen~
xoxoxoxo

No comments: