Monday, April 28, 2008

Trips And Turning 6

Wow. It has been a busy week here! I just got back from a great trip to Edmonton and a LONG drive back. That's right folks, the trip I said I would never make again happened. Edmonton to Ottawa by car! It was a great trip though. I flew out to Edmonton last Sunday and was met by my sister and my dad at the airport. It was a nice sunny day in Ottawa when I left and a nice balmy -14 with blowing snow when I landed in Edmonton. The Crocs were quickly retired! I got to stay at my sisters new apartment. It is really cute and so is her boyfriend. It was my first time meeting Jeremy and her first time meeting my new man as well. Jeremy is a great guy and the two of them are adorable together. It's nice to see her so happy. Jason pulled into Edmonton on Sunday night and met my Dad and Andrea.We stayed with Meg and Jer, the four of us in that little apartment was a tight squeeze but we had fun. Monday we headed out to West Edmonton Mall for some shopping and roller coater fun. For future reference it would be best if you did not get on a ride with both Jason and Megan. Neither of them can really appreciate the fun of amusement park rides. I was laughing so hard at the two of them I had tears in my eyes. Too funny, it's one of those things you wish you had on video. Jeremy and I rode "The Mindbender" (the big coaster) it was so much fun. Even though I have been on it a million times it still freaks me out. It was nice to have some of the things that we don't have out here. Olive Garden and Purdy's Choclates....yummy! Then it was back to the apartment to have a late dinner cooked by chef Stewart. Awesome. Tuesday morning Jayse and I started the first leg of our journey. We arrived in Regina late Tuesday night and visited with Mr. and Mrs. Stewart before heading to bed. Wednesday we drove around town and did more shopping, had lunch at Taco Del Mar (something else we don't have out this way) and then it was time to pick McKynleyMcKynley is Jason's daughter and let me tell you, there is no mistaking who her Daddy is. She looks just like him! We went out to dinner with her and Mrs. Stewart and then went to the playground before we took her home to her mom, loaded down with candy. Her mom is going to love me lol. Thursday we got back on the road. It was a crappy start to what turned out to be a great day. One trip back to Regina for someones dress uniform and and a stop in Indian Head and we were on our way. We drove to Dryden on our first day and stayed at a motel for the night. Friday we got a late start thanks to me not wanting to get out of bed. We were on the road by nine and drove straight through to Ottawa. When they say it takes 24 hours they mean it! We pulled over in Sudbury and tried to get some sleep but it didn't really work out. Two of us in the back of his PT Cruiser was a tight squeeze. He is a big guy and not very flexible lol. An hour later I was laughing my ass off while he struggled to get back into the drivers seat, he didn't think it was so funny :P He drove while I slept for a few hours and then we switched. The weather was really bad and we were driving at a snails pace at some points. The rain was coming down in sheets! We finally pulled into Ottawa Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately we lost so much time and we so tried of being in the car that we didn't make it out to Kingston to see Rhonda (Digdug) but there will be another weekend and she is only two hours away. Jason headed back to St.Jean yesterday afternoon but not before we had a chance to walk around Rideau Hall and see 24 Sussex Drive. It was a beautiful sunny day in Ottawa so it was a great afternoon. It was a fantastic trip but way too short. And mark my words that will be my last trip across the country for a while!

Friday my little princess turned the big 6. We are going to have her party this week and I will post some pictures. Thanks to the Grandparent's for sending out her gifts. She loves them!

Cheers,
~Jen~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P.S.

Just randomly found this site...

There is a Taco Del Mar now in Orleans/Ottawa - in the Place d'Orleans shopping centre.