Friday, November 9, 2007

Touque Trouble

I always wanted girls. I remember when Kennedy was born I actually woohoo'd right there in the delivery room when they said "it's a girl!". I got lucky both times around. I had fun when they were small dressing them to the nines. Pink dresses, tights with ruffles on the bum and little black party shoes. But all hell broke loose this week over a touque. Kennedy refused to wear the blue touque she has that matches her snowsuit because she wanted one with Tinkerbelle on it like Lexie has. I made her wear it anyway because it was cold and she cried all the way to the school and back with her little arms crossed. This wasn't a fight I was ready to have everyday so off to Wal-Mart we went to look for a Tinkerbelle touque. Of course they didn't have any so I let her pick one out that she liked and one for her sister too. It's not what I would have chosen for her but it's warm and she likes it. I guess it's time to step back a little and let them do their own thing, the days of little white tights and party shoes are over! Lord help me when the teenage years hit, I know I'm in for a few battles.




Enjoy your weekend.
Cheers,
~Jen~
xoxoxoxox

No comments: